Thursday 2 February 2012

Brake Pipe securing

Almost finished of securing the brake pipes. As you can see below the newly painted stealth matt-black brake servo is attached through the footwell bulkhead to the pedalbox. The clevis pin is the wrong size but that's not hard to sort. (beats £150 from Dax anyway)


Attaching the p-clips to the wing was made simple by the wonder of rivnuts. I cant believe I've only just discovered them. Rivets, with a thread in the middle! Who would have known?! Clearly in that picture there is some more clipping to do along the chassis but that's for another day. Also note my shiny new brake master cylinder (£18, cant remember where from) is also fitted and all solid brake lines are fixed in. Also I admit the brake lines themselves aren't perfect but I don't have a proper pipe bender and elected to use sockets and other handy round things. At least this bit of work is done now and we are at last making progress

No comments:

Post a Comment