Tuesday 24 July 2012

Loom 3 - dash

I had already fitted the relays and fuse box but I noticed whilst hunting a separate wiring problem that one of the terminals in one of the relay holders wasn't properly engaged and because of the way I had mounted them it was very difficult to get behind the relay holders to sort the terminals out. Needless to say, inspired by the good progress recently I decided to try mounting the relays again.

It used to look like this:


I modified my bodge-bracket to this:


A handy bit of door seal was used to protect the wires going to the relay holders. The finished job now looks like this:

Obviously the rest of the loom hasnt been nailed down yet, and the jumble on the left is the back of the fuse box. I just can't find a way to make it neat and tidy as there is other stuff to go in, and I'm limited by how PWS made the loom as to where things are without major loom surgery which I don't fancy doing. It still doesn't look brilliant but at least its much easier to get to the terminals for future trouble shooting.


No comments:

Post a Comment