Saturday 2 March 2013

Final Engine Connections

Getting closer to engine first start. This afternoon I fitted the heater hoses to the manifold and water pump as I got some 1/2NPT to 16mm hose barb(whatever that is in old-man fractions) from Summit racing in the states. Its absolutely impossible to get them in the UK unless you want brass plumbing fittings, which look rubbish.

Having said that I got an absolutely horrendous looking blue anodised 3/8NPT to 1/2 hose  barb for the vacuum hose from the brake servo. Couldnt get it in chrome, or any other material for that matter. It makes me sick to look at it, piece of jap tuner crap but its all I could find that fits. The hose I've got is actually 7/16 but with much huffing and puffing I got it on the 1/2 hose barb. Luckily the air filter will cover it up when its fitted. The servo bends in a nice S shape to the brake servo so any condensed fuel will run back downhill into the manifold rather than to the brake servo.

Ah yes, I had to remove the carb to fit the hose barb thing. That was a bad idea. I almost pooped myself when I knocked a tray of screws flying and I thought one had gone into the manifold. After a full hour of searching I had accounted for all screws and washers so thankfully didn't have to remove the inlet manifold.



No comments:

Post a Comment