Saturday 28 December 2013

Christmas Drive

Managed to fit a new oil sensor without breaking anything.  Removed the extra baffles so we are now down to the standard unmodified Dave Brookes exhaust and is not that much louder,  you can still talk to your passenger under 50MPH or so then it's the wind noise that gets you.

My intention was to do 20 miles or so and get it warmed up,  then set the mixture and timing but as the father in law was here for Christmas we just enjoyed the fact that it was running (albeit badly) and had an hour or so out and about, did 60 miles or so in the end without much trouble.  It sounded a lot sweeter now with 20/50 valvoline mineral oil in it, I realised when I got back that we had gone out with no tools for emergencies but thankfully didnt need any! I thought I had fixed the wing mirrors and stopped them from folding in at speed but they are still completely useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment