Wednesday 24 June 2015

Another New Carb

Another new carb is on its way! The old Edelbrock Performer 1407 750cfm is on ebay and the 1805 Thunder AVS 650 will go the same way. I have tried for several months now to eliminate the secondary bog, only to create a new problem where the excessive air door tension means that if the revs are too low then the door doesn't open and the engine bogs rich until the air flow picks up, or I lift my foot out of the throttle.

Currently in the post from the States is a new Quick Fuel SS series 750cfm mechanical secondary carb. Its a Holley double pumper clone with annular boosters and changeable jets and air bleeds - all the bells and whistles! After a lot of deliberation and research I've decided to try my luck with a mechanical secondary carb which should suit a very light, short geared manual transmission car. The Quick Fuel SS has annular boosters which from what I understand should tame the 750 to make it more driveable at lower rpm. I had the option of a 650cfm but I went for the 750 as I expect the annular boosters to help and on my 750 Eddy the idle circuit is widely known for being insufficient and I expect the Quick Fuel to be better in this respect.

Updates will be coming as I fit it and see what its like.

No comments:

Post a Comment