Monday 19 March 2012

Boot

Bit more boot tidying today, formed one little panel from ali to cover up one of the chassis rails at the back. The Dax supplied fibreglass ones don't fit so I (badly) painted this up and riveted/wurth it in. I blame the bad painting on the hammerite smoothrite I used, its just not what it used to be. I'll carpet over this eventually anyway and I may even close off that entire side compartment for tools or something later on. I also glooped a bit more silicone sealant around the place as well while I was at at it.


I then made a start on the closure panel to cover the battery shelf with a bit of marine plywood. A few rivnuts in the fibreglass behind will hold it, then next job is to cut holes for the battery isolator and the boot light. You'll notice my first attempt at cutting slot for the rear loom is in completely the wrong place, wonderful carpet will hide all!

No comments:

Post a Comment