Friday 16 March 2012

Fuel Tank

The fuel tank saga, I had a tank made to my own drawing with a side outlet as the Dax tank outlet goes straight into the diff. Also the Dax tank is £400 and I had my tank made for £285. Unfortunately my drawing was wrong and the tank was 50mm too long as I based it on a standard chassis not the De Dion (whoops!).

It almost fit, so close to fitting that you could be forgiven for bodging it, but we are fighting a constant battle against the bodge monster so the tank has gone off for modification. Pics below show "big" tank looking a bit rubbish hanging out the back.


ooh shiny!

 Hmm.


Eek! Don't fancy a rear end smash... Not much room for mounting straps. The wood isnt part of the mounting solution by the way, its on a hydraulic jack as part of the trial fitting. I so badly wanted to make it fit but I saw the light in the end and its currently being made good. Even with the modification its still cheaper than the Dax tank, and the outlet is somewhere sensible for my boot mounted filter and pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment