Saturday 29 December 2012

Door Locks and Cards

It took a full day to do this, much fiddling and fettling. I didn't take many pictures whilst actually fitting the locks so here is the drivers side finished:


We marked the rough position using the door card, then cut a nice wide slot for the striker. The driver's side striker had to be spaced off with 4 ugly washers. The passenger side only required 1. The passenger door doesn't quite seem to fit flush with the lock, possibly the addition of the door seal is pushing the lower edge of the door out a bit. May require some future fettling. Door cards were easy, drill some holes in the correct position and tap it in. I say easy, the passenger side took me 4 goes at getting the holes right, but fine in the end. Door hinge finishers also fitted, and door seal.



You will notice of course that the lower hinge estutcheon thingy is the wrong way round. I shall correct this, then immediately fall on my sword. As an aside, we found these very tricky to position as they have to fit right up against the door seal lip and the body isn't quite flat there.



1 comment:

  1. I have used מישלוץ טכנאי מזגנים a couple of times for my air conditioning issues and they consistently did outstanding work.טכנאי מזגנים חולון

    ReplyDelete