Monday 28 January 2013

Dashboard 2

I trial fitted the dashboard and was going to wire it up and have a go but remembered that the connector for the gauge senders on the loom is 8 way but I had to add a couple extra functions on the dash and it needs changing to an 11 way, so I couldn't check the dash worked. Still looks good though.


Just got to close off the gaps left in the side, some thin ali covered in vinyl will do. There is a hole (not yet punched through the vinyl) in the dash at the outer edge to attach the cover piece when I make it.


Dash is supported by a bracket on either side which comes off one of the windscreen fittings, you can just see it below far left painted silver. The dash is fixed at the top in two locations similar to the standard Dax dash. Annoyingly I put one of these in the exact location I wanted my tacho in. The tacho is therefore a bit lower and to the left from where I wanted it, as the indicator stalk now slightly obscures it.


No comments:

Post a Comment