Thursday 5 September 2013

Completely Baffled

I've spent my evenings this week making some plates to shim the gearbox mount up to match the increase in engine height, so little progress has been made elsewhere. Once that is done the plan for the weekend is to fit the prop shaft, assuming it comes in the post and fit the baffles I got off Ebay (below). 3" OD so they will slip inside my existing baffles and hopefully bring the noise down a bit. The only noise measurement we have performed was on someones phone that maxed out at 106dB (the limit on the phone app). I don't expect for one minute this is accurate but it wasn't difficult to tell just by our own ears that it was VERY loud and needs some extra silencing to meet the 99dB IVA requirement.

The wisdom on the cobra forum is to stuff stainless steel scouring pads down the inside of the baffles and we should be around or just below the 100dB mark. Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment