Sunday 15 September 2013

Exhaust Baffles extra silencing.

Forget Magnaflow, Powerflow, Jetex and other well known custom exhaust manufactures.

May I introduce you to the latest in vehicle exhaust noise management - the Spontex Exhaust System



Both sides now sporting a stainless steel washing-up scouring pad for extra noise reduction. Not tested yet.

Updated 14/10/13 - Tested last weekend and not much of a reduction in noise. The meter reading was 110dB average so its down a tiny bit, but not much. I took the end of the pipes off to have a look at the pads inside and it soon became clear why they haven't reduced the noise much:


The exhaust pressure had pushed it all to the end so it was only doing half a job! It would seem that one per side isn't enough to really do much use.








4 comments:

  1. I'm struggling to get my noise down from the exhaust. Test next week which I'm sure will fail but can you tell me how you eventually got down from 110dBa to 97/98dBa?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to shove loads of extra fibreglass matt up the exhaust then fixed a perforated plate on the end, oval shaped to match the shape of the exhaust exit. I'll dig out a picture and add it as soon as I can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, have a search on cobraclub.com, my pipes are from Dave Brookes there is a thread on there all about these pipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming back to me. I'll have a look at those threads. Failed iva today, noise was 104 and 105 dBa but there were a couple of other minor things too so not a wasted trip. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete